Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE

Go down 
+3
mom2ee
Greta.B
Denise
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Denise
crafty crafterson
crafty crafterson
Denise

WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE Empty
PostSubject: WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE   WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 7:43 pm

It's that time of year when resolutions get set. While I am not too fond of resolutions, I am ready to work on getting healthier for 2009. I am going to be working on that this year and know there has to be one or two out there that will be doing the same. We might as well join together and support each other, right? For all interested in joining in on a challenge to get healthy in 2009 feel free to post on this thread. It doesn't matter whether you want to lose 100, 50 or 10 pounds or want to set a goal to exercise more or eat healthier. Sign in and we will get the ball rolling.

My goal for 2009 is to lose 30 - 50 pounds. I have more than that to lose, but I am going to set a smaller goal, so I don't intimidate myself. That only leads to failure for me. To get this 30 - 50 pounds off I am going to eat healthier by pre-planning my meals, ridding my office and home of junk food, kicking my hot chocolate habit and set an exercise schedule of 5 days per week.

How about you? Are you ready?
Back to top Go down
http://creativemayhembyme.blogspot.com/
Greta.B
supply hoarder
supply hoarder
Greta.B

PostSubject: Re: WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE   WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 10:11 pm

I'm in for getting healthier in the coming year. I would like to lose a few pounds and tone up my waistline. My main goal though is to eat healthier, especially eating more fruits and vegetables and less fast food.

In case anyone is interested, one good site to look into is www.sparkpeople.com. They have a lot of options and information, including meal planning and recipes. You can track your physical activity and log the food you eat...all for free.

Good luck to all of us. Together, we can!
Back to top Go down
http://i-am-unique.blogspot.com
Denise
crafty crafterson
crafty crafterson
Denise

PostSubject: Re: WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE   WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 12:37 am

Greta.B wrote:
I'm in for getting healthier in the coming year. I would like to lose a few pounds and tone up my waistline. My main goal though is to eat healthier, especially eating more fruits and vegetables and less fast food.

In case anyone is interested, one good site to look into is www.sparkpeople.com. They have a lot of options and information, including meal planning and recipes. You can track your physical activity and log the food you eat...all for free.

Good luck to all of us. Together, we can!

Thanks for the link, Greta. I can't wait to take a closer look. When I lost the 70 pounds I think the main reason I did so well was due to tracking my food and exercise, so this site will be a huge asset.
Back to top Go down
mom2ee
supply hoarder
supply hoarder
mom2ee

PostSubject: Re: WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE   WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 2:21 am

I am game here too...will really try to make time for me to take care of myself. want to give the girls inspiration for a way to live not a goal of a size 00. want them to see me working to be healthy and happy and not just trying to "fit a dress". will check out greta's link too.
Back to top Go down
Daytona Dawn
supply hoarder
supply hoarder
Daytona Dawn

PostSubject: Re: WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE   WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 9:38 am

I am in too! I would like to start eating healthier and to work out at least 4 times a week. Thanks for the jumpstart ladies!! flower
Back to top Go down
http://scrapmyworld-dawn.blogspot.com/
Denise
crafty crafterson
crafty crafterson
Denise

PostSubject: Re: WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE   WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 11:22 am

mom2ee wrote:
I am game here too...will really try to make time for me to take care of myself. want to give the girls inspiration for a way to live not a goal of a size 00. want them to see me working to be healthy and happy and not just trying to "fit a dress". will check out greta's link too.

Awesome, Judi! You do deserve time to take care of yourself. Size 00 is not healthy (only for .0001% of the population). It's good to be realistic and you are a great role model for your daughters and me. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Denise
crafty crafterson
crafty crafterson
Denise

PostSubject: Re: WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE   WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 11:25 am

Daytona Dawn wrote:
I am in too! I would like to start eating healthier and to work out at least 4 times a week. Thanks for the jumpstart ladies!! flower

You can do it, Dawn! My first goal to day is to rid my house of junk food, which I have to admit will be pretty easy. I don't have that much. I am not a chip person, so no bags of those are in my house. I like sweets and it will kill (not really) me to throw them away. Not only will I throw them away, but I am going to jump up and down on them to get some exercise in! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Greta.B
supply hoarder
supply hoarder
Greta.B

PostSubject: Re: WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE   WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 12:27 pm

mom2ee wrote:

You are a fabulous mom and role model for your girls!

I'd also like to throw this out there as a reminder to all of us...I just read somewhere that it is best to take small gradual steps and build on them. So, even though we may want to go "cold turkey" on all of our bad habits and full steam ahead on our new plans, trying to do it all at once probably isn't the best way to go.

What would you guys think of doing a daily thread where we either list one goal for the day and/or one thing we accomplished that day?
Back to top Go down
http://i-am-unique.blogspot.com
Denise
crafty crafterson
crafty crafterson
Denise

PostSubject: Re: WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE   WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 12:41 pm

Greta.B wrote:
mom2ee wrote:

You are a fabulous mom and role model for your girls!

I'd also like to throw this out there as a reminder to all of us...I just read somewhere that it is best to take small gradual steps and build on them. So, even though we may want to go "cold turkey" on all of our bad habits and full steam ahead on our new plans, trying to do it all at once probably isn't the best way to go.

What would you guys think of doing a daily thread where we either list one goal for the day and/or one thing we accomplished that day?

Great idea! I'm in.
Back to top Go down
aimeeterry
supply hoarder
supply hoarder
aimeeterry

PostSubject: Re: WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE   WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 7:19 pm

i'm in!
judi that is an awesome example to set. kuddos to you!
Back to top Go down
http://mylifebyaimee.blogspot.com
Krazy Ki
crafty crafterson
crafty crafterson
Krazy Ki

PostSubject: Re: WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE   WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Yup, totally in!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kkruk.typepad.com
Krazy Ki
crafty crafterson
crafty crafterson
Krazy Ki

PostSubject: Re: WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE   WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 10:01 pm

I signed up on Spark People as well. Another site I've used before is www.fitday.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.kkruk.typepad.com
Anne
supply hoarder
supply hoarder

PostSubject: Re: WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE   WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 12:12 am

Okay I am in, I haven't done anything proactive for toooooo long. Time to get crackin'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE   WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE Empty

Back to top Go down

WEIGHT LOSS...GET HEALTHY FOR 2009 CHALLENGE
Page 1 of 1