Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild Rice Soup

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Denise
crafty crafterson
crafty crafterson
Denise

Wild Rice Soup Empty
PostSubject: Wild Rice Soup   Wild Rice Soup EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 11:12 pm

I had this on Saturday. It is fattening and oh so good. Shocked Oh and instead of cooking it on the stove, mine was thrown in a crock pot on high for like four hours or until it was hot.

Cheesy Wild Rice and Ham Soup
Makes: 6 servings, 1 cup Total Time: 45 min

Ingredients:
1 cup wild rice - uncooked
3 cups milk
1 pint half and half
3 cans condensed cream of potato soup
1/2 lb. Kraft Velveeta Cheese, cubed
2 cups diced ham or turkey ham
1 can cubed or juliened carrots, drained
Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation
Bring 4 cups salted water to boil, stir in wild rice and simmer (do not boil) for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain, rinse and set aside.

Heat together over medium heat milk, half & half and potato soup until blended well. Stir in cubed Velveeta and continue to stir until smooth.

Add the remaining ingredients to the cheesy soup mixture and continue to stir until heated through.

Notes
Cooked bacon, turkey or chicken can be substituted for the ham or if preferred just as good with no meat at all.
Back to top Go down
http://creativemayhembyme.blogspot.com/
Greta.B
supply hoarder
supply hoarder
Greta.B

Wild Rice Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Rice Soup   Wild Rice Soup EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 2:05 pm

Thanks for posting this one too! My mom used to make a wild rice soup and I loved it. Not sure if it's the same, but it sounds pretty close, so I'm going to add this to my rotation too. Oh, how I love soup season. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://i-am-unique.blogspot.com
Denise
crafty crafterson
crafty crafterson
Denise

Wild Rice Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Rice Soup   Wild Rice Soup EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 10:45 pm

Greta.B wrote:
Thanks for posting this one too! My mom used to make a wild rice soup and I loved it. Not sure if it's the same, but it sounds pretty close, so I'm going to add this to my rotation too. Oh, how I love soup season. Smile

You won't be sorry you made this. After cooking for awhile if it seems a little thin, just take a three tablespoons of flour and mix with 1/4 cup of cold water...whisk together and then add into the soup. It will thicken it up a bit. I have only ran into that problem once or twice with this recipe.
Back to top Go down
http://creativemayhembyme.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Wild Rice Soup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Rice Soup   Wild Rice Soup Empty

Back to top Go down

Wild Rice Soup
Page 1 of 1