Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

photos and photo processing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
moonlightgrrl
supply hoarder
supply hoarder
moonlightgrrl

photos and photo processing Empty
PostSubject: photos and photo processing   photos and photo processing EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 12:14 am

Does anyone else send out for photo processing or do most of you have photo printers at home?

I have a crappy printer which isn't for photos, so I never even bothered to set it up when we moved. It is currently just sitting in my closet, growing more archaic and obsolete by the day and gathering dust.

So for the longest time, I used Snapfish because they are cheap (like 9 cents per print) but the photo quality was never the best and I couldn't customize the size of my prints (could only get standard sizes like 4x6, 5x7, wallets, etc). I was happy with it when it was all I could afford and needed new photos just to get my scrappy fix.

Anyway, I just got an order from ScrapbookPictures.com and I have to say that they are GORGEOUS. AND they got here FAST! Has anyone used them? I'm so happy with my latest set of prints I could just holler!

I'm rambling. I got a ton of happy mail today, and I can't shut up about it!
Back to top Go down
http://brightnessofbeing.blogspot.com
mom2ee
supply hoarder
supply hoarder
mom2ee

PostSubject: Re: photos and photo processing   photos and photo processing EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 3:44 pm

i just send mine to walgreens...found a download at Photility that I can custimize my picture sizes and have them printed out on a 4x6 or 5x7 sheet...this has worked out...but i am too "instant gratification" to mail out my pics...but the $$$ savings might convince me otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Greta.B
supply hoarder
supply hoarder
Greta.B

PostSubject: Re: photos and photo processing   photos and photo processing EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 4:48 pm

If I'm having a bunch of pictures printed at one time, I send them somewhere, usually Snapfish or Walmart 1 hour. I have actually been satisfied with Snapfish as long as I remembered to do matte finish. I hate glossy prints. I have also been satisfied with Walmart 1 hour, but absolutely HATED their send-out processing.

I've never tried scrapbook pictures, but have always heard rave reviews. Do they do both matte and glossy prints? I think I need to try them this next go-round.

With that said, when I'm scrapping, if I don't have a picture handy (which is almost always the case), I use my HP photo printer. My in-laws got it for me for Christmas last year and I can say that I have fallen in love with it. It's so convenient. Sometimes I'm disappointed in how some of the colors print, but that may be my fault, not the printer.
Back to top Go down
http://i-am-unique.blogspot.com
moonlightgrrl
supply hoarder
supply hoarder
moonlightgrrl

PostSubject: Re: photos and photo processing   photos and photo processing EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 4:56 pm

Greta, you can get them in glossy or matte (and i also dislike glossy finish on photos) as well as a metallic finish, you can get them with borders, without borders, many different kinds of borders, you can get them cropped into 2x2 or 3x3 or 4x4 etc all the way up to 12x12, and you can choose all different finishes and sizes depending on the photo with no minimums. and i ordered them late tuesday evening and they arrived friday morning. i am in love.
Back to top Go down
moonlightgrrl
supply hoarder
supply hoarder
moonlightgrrl

PostSubject: Re: photos and photo processing   photos and photo processing EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 5:00 pm

judi... i am thinking i might have to spend some time parusing phototility. at first glance, it looks like some cool stuff there. thanks :-)
Back to top Go down
mom2ee
supply hoarder
supply hoarder
mom2ee

PostSubject: Re: photos and photo processing   photos and photo processing EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:07 am

and i will check scrapbook pictures...that is the one thing i hate about walgreens...glossy finish..
Back to top Go down
Denise
crafty crafterson
crafty crafterson
Denise

PostSubject: Re: photos and photo processing   photos and photo processing EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 10:54 am

Ooooo...I will definitely have to check out these. I recently ordered from Shutterbug, because Archiver's had a deal going on and you could earn free photos. The prints were fine, but I really need to check out matte. I normally print from home and have always loved the quality my printer does. However, something snapped and now that I gerryrigged one of my print cartridges with pop up dots it's not working as well. Wonder why? LOL! Anyway...thanks for the suggestions. I am off to check them out!
Back to top Go down
http://creativemayhembyme.blogspot.com/
rukristin
supply hoarder
supply hoarder
rukristin

PostSubject: Re: photos and photo processing   photos and photo processing EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:22 pm

ohhh; scrapbook pictures.com was amazing!!!
I generally only print one or two pictures at a time so I print on my printers at home; but when I need a ton of like 4x6's I'll go to samsclub.com; they have very decent quality, matte photos, and a good price for one hour--by the time I upload them to the site; and drive over there; they are usually done.

but I'm getting ready to make another order at scrapbookpictures.com; they have the best sizes; it makes for making minibooks very very easy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rukristin.blogspot.com
mom2ee
supply hoarder
supply hoarder
mom2ee

PostSubject: Re: photos and photo processing   photos and photo processing EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 5:27 pm

i played around at scrapbookpictures.com and got totally hooked. however, what do the metallic photos look like? i didn't see a way to preview that choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: photos and photo processing   photos and photo processing Empty

Back to top Go down

photos and photo processing
Page 1 of 1